Quickbooks is the giant software in the accounting world that contains various features like payroll update, tax filing, creating invoices, and many more. But, it also gets corrupted with different error issues that can disturb the functioning of the software. One such error of the software is Quickbooks update error 1328. Read the full guide below to know more about the error issue.
What is Quickbooks update error 1328
Quickbooks update error 1328 generally occurs during the process of installing, reinstalling, updating, or repairing the Quickbooks programs. The error file shows as c:/config.ms/PT**.TMP stores the data and launches the installation again if there is some failure.
What are the causes that lead to Quickbooks Update Error 1328?
Below is the list of the causes that trigger Quickbooks update error 1328.
- Attack of virus and malware.
- During installing Quickbooks, the user might encounter a network error.
- Due to the failed installation and update.
- Having a corrupted folder in the software.
- Power failure and immediate system shutdown.
Symptoms that help you to identify the error issue.
In order to make you aware of the error issue, we have mentioned some symptoms. Read them below to know more about the error.
- Unable to install, uninstall or update Quickbooks.
- Frequently freezing of windows.
- Cannot perform the task of repairing the software
- The system responds slowly and sluggishly
- The software becomes stopped in the middle and shows the error code 1328 Quickbooks.
How to Troubleshoot Quickbooks 2016 Update Error 1328
In order to eradicate the error issue, the user needs to perform some effective solutions in his/her system. These are the solutions below that will help you to troubleshoot Quickbooks 2016 Update error 1328.
Use Repair Registry Tool
- Apply the registry repair tool and thereon repair the damaged registry entries.
- Try to use a malware removal tool to fix malware attacks within the system.
- Delete all the junk files that you don’t need.
- Now, uninstall all the outdated PC device drivers.
- Select Undo to restore the recent system changes.
- Then, try to uninstall and reinstall the Quickbooks software.
- Run Windows System File Checker and start scanning.
- You can now install all essential windows update.
Re-install with Clean Installation
- Uninstall Quickbooks
- Try to make a clean installation of Quickbooks.
- Once done with the process, try to install Quickbooks from the installation CD Drive.
- As a substitute for it, you can also install Quickbooks through the downloaded file.
Save the config.msi File
- Right-click the Start button and select explore.
- Open the C drive key.
- Hidden files and folders are showing up.
- Navigate to tools and select folder.
- Try to view the tab option by clicking on it.
- Choose all hidden files as well as folders.
- Hit the tab named apply all changes and also press the OK button.
- Right-click on config.msi and select the rename option.
- Add old ^ at the end of the file name and press the enter tab.
- The last step helps you to protect your all hidden operating system files and folders.
Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Try to download Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Navigate to .exe file to double-click on it and install the tool.
- Locate the file wherever you want to.
- Shut all the background running programs
- Now, run the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- At last, restart the system after you have done a successful update of the components.
Repair Quickbooks Installation Process
- Go to the start menu and try to open Control Panel.
- Choose the programs and features option.
- Search for the QB section and install it by tapping on it.
- When you encounter QBs installer, click on the repair tab
- Now, run the application and try to apply the patch after the process ends.
- Well, if you become unable to apply the patch then you can take guidance from some technicians.
You Can Also Find, How to Resolve Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a [Quick Guide]
Installing or Uninstalling QB Desktop in Selective Startup
- Open the Run window (Windows + R).
- Enter MSConfig and hit the OK tab.
- Navigate to selective startup and load system services showing under the general tab.
- Choose the option to disable all.
- Uncheck the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Under the service list, checkmark the windows installer box.
- Restart from the system configuration window.
Follow some steps more if you want to restore the system to its normal configuration
- Try to open the run window.
- Enter MSConfig and hit the OK button.
- Navigate to the general tab and select Normal setup
- Hit the OK button
- Choose the restart option from the system configuration window.
These are the best solutions that you can perform on the system to eradicate the error issue but if you still face the error issue then do not hesitate to contact the Quickbooks customer care team, the experts of the software.